Simple Chicken Noodle Soup and Bread

Alhamdulilah I made bread again, and it turned out great mashaAllah! I was also craving chicken noodle soup, and being stuffy and sneezy with a cold, felt like it was a must today!

"There is blessing in three things: in the early morning meal, in bread and in soup."- a saying of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salaam


I started making the bread at the same time as the soup, so I can have them both together!


Soup:
Chicken
Chicken Bouillon (4)
Water (8 cups)
Seasonings
Garlic, Onion
Veggies (optional)
Noodles


Cook the water with chicken and chicken bouillon until the chicken becomes tender ..I added the garlic and onion with it at the same time. After the chicken is done ..add the noodles and cook until the noodles are done.


I also made dumplings with this


Dumplings:
Flour (1 1/2 cups)
Milk (3/4 cup)
Salt (3/4 tsp)
Shortening (3 tbs)
Baking Powder (1 tbs)


Mix flour, salt,baking powder add shortening and mix until it looks like crumbs ..add milk and mix but do not over mix..then use a spoon and drop them into the stew 10 mins uncovered and 10 mins covered


I had bread today and you can read my blog post about how to make bread: My homemade bread

Alhamdulilah the family enjoyed it. Soup is so good on these cold days.

Comments

Popular Posts