Cream Cheese Danishes, Apple and Jelly Danishes

I spent the whole say yesterday excited about making these mashaAllah. Because this includes yeast and rise time ..I made them after midnight! It was so worth it too mashaAllah  


Ingredients for pastry:



  • 1 cup warm milk

  • 1/2 cup sugar

  • 1.5 teaspoons salt

  • 2 eggs

  • 1/2 cup butter, melted

  • 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast (equivalent to 1 packet of yeast)

  • 3.5 cups of bread flour (or all purpose if you can't find bread) 


    I mixed together the ingredients and kneaded until it was soft and not sticky, the I placed in a buttered bowl, flipped it over and put it back in so buttered side is up..after waiting for it to rise..which is about a hour and half I made the cream cheese frosting to go inside


    Cream Cheese Frosting-

  • 8oz cream cheese, softened

  • 1/4 cup sugar

  • 2 egg yolks

  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice

  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

    Okay after dough had risen.I punched it down... and then rolled it out ..I don't have a rolling pin so I used my hands and stretched it as far as I can, I cut slices of it and molded it to the size I wanted for the danish, using my finger to dig a well in the center...I was moving so slow the dough in the center would rise again LOL ..thats because I was undecided on what to fill in the center besides cream cheese (I wanted a variety ...yeah I know that was so last minute LOL) so after digging the little well I placed the cream cheese frosting in the middle, I also used regular jelly

    For the apples, I put the apples in cinnamon on the stove cooked in water sugar and vanilla until it got tender drained it...let it cool completely and filled in one of the danishes that had cream cheese.

    Put it in the oven 350 for less than 20 mins

    After it came out and cooled I poured the glaze topping on it which is made with:


    Glaze
    • 1 cup confectioners sugar
    • 2 tablespoons milk
    • 1 tablespoon melted butter

    Comments

    1. WOW!!! My boys are gonna LOVE this one! Thanx Ameera! Keep tryin different recipes and pass them along. LOLOLOL

      ReplyDelete
    2. Please do tell me how it turns out!! LOL :) Hubby is requesting them again..eh dunno if I can make it again tonight but probably will before the weekend is out inshaAllah!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Masha Allah, these are on my list to try!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Umm Ayana tell me how it goes! I really enjoyed it..we only have two left lol

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Let's keep it positive, what's on your mind?

    Popular Posts