Skip to main content

Cream Cheese Danishes, Apple and Jelly Danishes

I spent the whole say yesterday excited about making these mashaAllah. Because this includes yeast and rise time ..I made them after midnight! It was so worth it too mashaAllah  


Ingredients for pastry:



  • 1 cup warm milk

  • 1/2 cup sugar

  • 1.5 teaspoons salt

  • 2 eggs

  • 1/2 cup butter, melted

  • 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast (equivalent to 1 packet of yeast)

  • 3.5 cups of bread flour (or all purpose if you can't find bread) 


    I mixed together the ingredients and kneaded until it was soft and not sticky, the I placed in a buttered bowl, flipped it over and put it back in so buttered side is up..after waiting for it to rise..which is about a hour and half I made the cream cheese frosting to go inside


    Cream Cheese Frosting-

  • 8oz cream cheese, softened

  • 1/4 cup sugar

  • 2 egg yolks

  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice

  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

    Okay after dough had risen.I punched it down... and then rolled it out ..I don't have a rolling pin so I used my hands and stretched it as far as I can, I cut slices of it and molded it to the size I wanted for the danish, using my finger to dig a well in the center...I was moving so slow the dough in the center would rise again LOL ..thats because I was undecided on what to fill in the center besides cream cheese (I wanted a variety ...yeah I know that was so last minute LOL) so after digging the little well I placed the cream cheese frosting in the middle, I also used regular jelly

    For the apples, I put the apples in cinnamon on the stove cooked in water sugar and vanilla until it got tender drained it...let it cool completely and filled in one of the danishes that had cream cheese.

    Put it in the oven 350 for less than 20 mins

    After it came out and cooled I poured the glaze topping on it which is made with:


    Glaze
    • 1 cup confectioners sugar
    • 2 tablespoons milk
    • 1 tablespoon melted butter

    Comments

    1. WOW!!! My boys are gonna LOVE this one! Thanx Ameera! Keep tryin different recipes and pass them along. LOLOLOL

      ReplyDelete
    2. Please do tell me how it turns out!! LOL :) Hubby is requesting them again..eh dunno if I can make it again tonight but probably will before the weekend is out inshaAllah!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Masha Allah, these are on my list to try!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Umm Ayana tell me how it goes! I really enjoyed it..we only have two left lol

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Let's keep it positive, what's on your mind?

    Popular posts from this blog

    The Passing Of A Prince

    One month later...  If you would have told me, that I would be eventually blogging as a widow, I would have probably said that I couldn't imagine it!

    Well here I am, writing as a widow. My husband (may Allah have mercy on him, and grant him jannah ameen ameen) passed away last month, December 20th, 2016, from complications from his condition.  My whole life changed and I am learning to heal and process this tremendous loss with our six children.

    I met my husband in 2006 mashaAllah, and as I like to tell people, I started this adventure 10 yrs ago when I met a Prince from Kings County (Brooklyn NYC) married him, and became his princess alhamdulilah. When we first met, I felt like "wow this handsome guy, I cant believe he is even giving me the time of day." Lord knows I am thankful for all the time of our days, our road trips, and adventures.

    I think of an old status message I shared on facebook
    " I've dedicated ten years of my heart to this loveable adventurous g…

    5 Ways To Love Your Husband MORE

    I had to blow the dust off the blog tonight, as I only write when I am feeling inspired. SubhanAllah, tonight feels like a good night to share a few thoughts on the blog.
    How can you, love your husband more?


    1.) Speak words that will uplift his spirit. I remember when I would be feeling nervous, and anxious about some event, and my husband (may Allah have mercy on him, ameen) would say encouraging words, that made me feel like the most confident woman in the world. We have the ability to be that voice of encouragement in our mates lives. What mountains we cannot move, when our spouse speaks life into our being! Through out the day, speak to your mate in a way that will help them be better. 
    2.) Put your love into action: Yes you can say "I love you" all day long, but adding to that by doing loving gestures, show and prove what we feel inside. Surprising our spouse by writing a love note, or sending a loving text, adds a little more joy to their days. In a world where there …

    5 Ways To Love Yourself MORE

    Yep, there I am, jumping on the trampoline in my sisters yard yesterday. As I told a friend, you can't help but smile on a trampoline. I couldn't jump and be angry, or feel sad at the same time. 
    Alhamdulilah I felt like reaching for the sky, free, and alive. I haven't felt that way since my husband passed away last month (December 20th, 2016). Life has not been the same. Yesterday I decided to get some fresh air and I felt good. It was nice to step outside for a little bit.
    My last post was written on loving your husband's more, which can also be applied to wives. Our time here isn't long, and in losing my husband, I am extra reminded to encourage wives to love their husbands more. That has always been part of my blog's goal, but God is telling me to remind women more, through my own experience.

    But in loving your husbands more, do not forget yourself. You are important. Yes, some women need to be reminded that they are important. You have to take care of you…