Homemade Glazed Doughnuts

Alhamdulilah today me, hubby, and the children made glazed doughnuts for the first time. This is a fun and yummy activity the children can take part in.. inshaAllah I will blog about it again later on our homeschooling blog Habeebee Homeschooling.

The recipe for these yummy doughnuts are:

2 cups flour
1 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder

Mix all the ingredients, I measured it and the children poured it all in the bowl and mixed it, we then let them take them out and on a floured board, roll them into balls pat them and then used tops to make the holes in the middle.

Afterwards me and hubby put them in oil on the stove and cooked them until they became brown, which was pretty quick!

While hubby did the main tending to the doughnuts, I started the homemade glazed which was made with

1/4 cup milk
2 cups sugar
vanilla


You cook the vanilla and milk until it is warm then you stir in the sugar until its all gone and then sit to the side... we then dipped the doughnuts in the glaze and put them on the side. When the glaze was cool enough in the bowl we let the children dip them in the glaze too.

It turned out good mashaAllah! The whole family enjoyed it.

Comments

  1. Assalaamu'alaikum my beautiful Muslimah. How do you think these recipes would taste with whole wheat flour???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa alaykumsalaam :) I am thinking to switching to wheat flour..I would try it :) I think it is always a great idea to season the flour too..so I would put cinnamon in it ..me personally I don't like the doughy taste lol. please let me know how it goes

    ReplyDelete
  3. As-salaamu'alaykum sis,
    This looks super delicious... *now I must go find a snack!*
    You have a lovely blog, tabarak'Allah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let's keep it positive, what's on your mind?

Popular Posts