Skip to main content

Loving Your Spouse For Allah


By: Ameer Idris Rahim

Alhamdoo leellah ~ We thank Allah for the blessings of Islam & most of all we are thankful for the blessings of the most splendid person who taught us our Islam, Prophet Muhammed, the Messenger of Allah alayhe Salatoo wa Salam. The teachings of the Deen tells us that marriage fullfils half of the Religion/Way of life. So marriage is a matter of VERY serious importance.

So to be complete in the Deen one needs to get & stay married. Two, very different matters & the former naturally procededs the latter. But staying together can & will happen by the Grace of Allah if & when we know, HOW TO MAKE OUR MARRIAGE WORK.

Because marriage does not work if it is broken. Ane we know the Prophet alay he Salat Allah told us that " to break a woman is to divorce her". And we know that the dreadful "d" word is the shaytons #1 objective ... i.e. destroy the family- meaning break up marriages ... So this article of knowledge & information is to remind us all of what we know deep down inside already. If the love is pure & strong, we wont go wrong.

So what is the Purest & Strongest source of Love? 

The all Almighty, all Loving Lord God-Allah. And we know that most beloved of all the creation, is the Prophet Muhammed alay he Salat Allah, who told us. " I have been made to love 3 things from your world .... 1 . pleasant fragrance 2. (qualities in) woman 3. Salat/Prayer which is what cools my eyes. ..... So what then, could be more beautiful than the combination of all 3 ... Praying with ones beloved wife who smells pleasantly wonderful (in the home of course).  So thats the 1st tip that we advise ourself with & all who read .....

#1.  Pray together & love to pray together. Always remember that when we have a praying spouse we MUST love them, for the fact that, they love The God of all-Allah, enough to do what He most Exalted has commanded them to do. Which is, pray everyday, at least 5 times. Subhan Allah, the blessing of having righteous, sincere, praying companionship, is the best companionship of all.

#2. Take intimate time to be together to learn beneficial things & pleasure each other & learn how to do that, one way to learn about each others likes & dislikes is simply saying ..... i really like it when you ________ & the same for what you don't really like (in a nice, kind, pleasant way of course :). And that is enough on that topic.

#3. Realize that your spouse has feelings, that are to be treated even more delicately than one would treat a carton of eggs when traveling. No one likes to be offended. As my beloved father may Allah have Mercy of his soul would say .... An offended person is  harder to win over, than a fortified fort.

#4. Don't be difficult .... Why give someone a hard time when you don't have to .... Do we like it when people give us a hard time? .... So then there you go. OK .......

# 5. And most important....  let the dreadful "d" word (divorce) be the furthest thing (word) from you mind & tounge .....  & work everyday to make sure your marriage works ..... it will work if you work it & its worth it, so work it ..... as my beloved mother always says, may Allah ta ala preserve my loving momma~ Ameen Allah Ameen. And to my wonderful amazing wife for life, i pray Allah ta ala increases you & your loved ones in much goodness & magnify your rewards for your sincere strives to benefit the community of the Prophet Muhammed alay he Salat Allah. Ameen Allah Ameen ~ Wal Hamdoo leellahee Rabbill alameen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Passing Of A Prince

One month later...  If you would have told me, that I would be eventually blogging as a widow, I would have probably said that I couldn't imagine it!

Well here I am, writing as a widow. My husband (may Allah have mercy on him, and grant him jannah ameen ameen) passed away last month, December 20th, 2016, from complications from his condition.  My whole life changed and I am learning to heal and process this tremendous loss with our six children.

I met my husband in 2006 mashaAllah, and as I like to tell people, I started this adventure 10 yrs ago when I met a Prince from Kings County (Brooklyn NYC) married him, and became his princess alhamdulilah. When we first met, I felt like "wow this handsome guy, I cant believe he is even giving me the time of day." Lord knows I am thankful for all the time of our days, our road trips, and adventures.

I think of an old status message I shared on facebook
" I've dedicated ten years of my heart to this loveable adventurous g…

5 Ways To Love Your Husband MORE

I had to blow the dust off the blog tonight, as I only write when I am feeling inspired. SubhanAllah, tonight feels like a good night to share a few thoughts on the blog.
How can you, love your husband more?


1.) Speak words that will uplift his spirit. I remember when I would be feeling nervous, and anxious about some event, and my husband (may Allah have mercy on him, ameen) would say encouraging words, that made me feel like the most confident woman in the world. We have the ability to be that voice of encouragement in our mates lives. What mountains we cannot move, when our spouse speaks life into our being! Through out the day, speak to your mate in a way that will help them be better. 
2.) Put your love into action: Yes you can say "I love you" all day long, but adding to that by doing loving gestures, show and prove what we feel inside. Surprising our spouse by writing a love note, or sending a loving text, adds a little more joy to their days. In a world where there …

5 Ways To Love Yourself MORE

Yep, there I am, jumping on the trampoline in my sisters yard yesterday. As I told a friend, you can't help but smile on a trampoline. I couldn't jump and be angry, or feel sad at the same time. 
Alhamdulilah I felt like reaching for the sky, free, and alive. I haven't felt that way since my husband passed away last month (December 20th, 2016). Life has not been the same. Yesterday I decided to get some fresh air and I felt good. It was nice to step outside for a little bit.
My last post was written on loving your husband's more, which can also be applied to wives. Our time here isn't long, and in losing my husband, I am extra reminded to encourage wives to love their husbands more. That has always been part of my blog's goal, but God is telling me to remind women more, through my own experience.

But in loving your husbands more, do not forget yourself. You are important. Yes, some women need to be reminded that they are important. You have to take care of you…