Where are my positive sisters?

 SubhanAllah we had a great week here at home. Very lovely time homeschooling, we have gotten much done mashaAllah. I spent a little time this early morning to do some blogging. I pray it is of benefit.

Is it just me or are we on what seems to be a shortage of positive sisters?

Lately, i have seen more complaints instead of compliments. Sometimes we have to learn to control our emotions better. remember to wish others well and not the opposite.

Not everything someone does will work in your home. we have to find what works for us. And on this journey it is not for us to tell someone else what they are doing is a waste of time, or stupid. We can say alhamdulilah this works for you and your family and leave the negativity behind!

One of the things that concerned me when doing Traditional Muslimah Homemaker was the concern of sisters putting me down. Alhamdulilah i have had  a very good year on TMH and had very awesome feedback mashaAllah alhamdulilah!! I had an occasional bump or two, and it caused me to ask.. why are we not supportive and positive to our sisters? We should encourage good, even if it may not be good for us personally. For example not everyone wants to wash clothes on a washboard, but that does not mean you should put someone down for it. There is no harm in doing this good thing for someones family, the harm comes when we want to bring others down.

Sometimes we may not realize we are doing it, we have to be more mindful of our intentions when we are speaking to others... what end result do we want to see? will it benefit in the end? why am I saying or doing this?

Remember sisters, everyone situation is different and we can only speak from our own journey. If someone can benefit from it, alhamdulilah that is great, but if they cannot then please continue to find what works for you. Alhamdulilah TMH is a journey i love sharing with everyone, of what my family does, new lessons and experiences learned in my life, and happiness in embracing homemaking. I pray something said and done is of benefit.

No need to rain on the parade, by being negative and saying "this wont work," "I can't do all of that" "no one does that..." "thats too much work" is it too much work to just simply not respond to something that does not work for you? Why ruin the positivity with negativity?

On the authority of Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him), the Messenger of Allah salAllahu alayhi wa salaam said, “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak good things or keep silent. Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should be courteous and generous to his neighbor  Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should be courteous and generous to his [travelling] visitor.” (Recorded in al-Bukhari and Muslim)

SubhanAllah I must remember this hadith. Please speak a good word to your sister in Islam, to your family and friends. As my friend always tell me "Shaytan is your enemy, not your sister" so please inshaAllah encourage and support positive, halal, and joyous matters.. leave the negativity and coveting behind.

I ask Allah to help us in these matters and guide us in our speech ameen ameen

Comments

Popular Posts