Working With My Hands

If you haven't heard, we are expecting our 7th blessing!

Alhamdulilah we are super excited and each pregnancy always motivates my homemaking. One pregnancy got me into baking bread, the other into knitting, and so on... This time I'm spinning wool and still knitting alhamdulilah!!

Isn't it amazing what we are blessed to do with our hands!? We can use to do so much in our home! Let us not take for granted this gift from Allah. And let's use our gift to bless others.

The children also had the experience to help prepare the wool for spinning.  They thought it was the coolest thing ever!

Are you using your hands to help, build, and be of service? I get so much joy gifting someone homemade jam and handmade items. It takes time and love that a store cannot produce. I'm excited to see how the baby shoes turn out.
Last year I knitted shoes that I will pass down to our next little one inshaAllah... Here's our son, one year later with his shoes on:
Alhamdulilah I'm excited to start the other shoes with home spun wool mashaAllah! What have you made with your hands? Homemaking can be extra memorable, when you add a special homemade touch. You touch the lives around you when make and give from your heart.

Alhamdulilah I'm thankful to my good friend for mailing me the wool (isn't that cool?) and teaching me how to clean it. When we work with our hands we are producing something that is extra special. I went a thrift store and saw scarves for sale and I thought... Who was the person who made this? This person did a beautiful job... Each detail... Each turn of the knitting or crochet needles ... Produced this beautiful gift. And whomever buys this scarf is truly benefiting from handmade blessings. And if you purchase it... It was meant for you!

I don't know if we are having a girl or boy, but what I do know is that their feet will be warm with love that mommy made inshaAllah and I'm honored that He is blessing me with the motivation and desire to build my home with my hands.

My hands will help you up..
My hands will rub your back when you're feeling down..
My hands will high five you, because you are awesome...
My hands will feed you..
My hands will hold yours...
My hands will be raised up when I make duaa for you....

May He bless our hands to serve our families and others in a way that He pleased.

Comments

Popular Posts