Skip to main content

Marriage Is Like A Garden

Today we went into the yard and was super excited to begin starting our garden.





Did I tell you all that, my husband and I are both interns for a master gardener/herbalist/permaculture teacher? Well alhamdulilah we are learning so much from the experience. We started putting the lessons and hands on work into practice in our own home.  Alhamdulilah it was so good to teach the children as we worked together on it. It was another way to reinforce what we are learning. Want to see my class pictures? Here:

 Putting together a garden bed. Learned sheet mulching.
 Harvested cornflower.
Pretty cool right? MashaAllah it has been a wealth of information. My husband and I rush to each other to share what we learned each class. We also get to eat some pretty delicious harvested rainbow Swiss chard mashaAllah yummy.

We learned that gardens take loving work. Properly preparing the soil, watering, nurturing and dedication SubhanAllah you reap awesome results when you do it right. Marriage is the same, it takes time, love, and dedication. How awesome is it when we harvest our first fruit or vegetable? We feel amazed and thankful SubhanAllah alhamdulilah.  When we plant the seeds of love and follow His guidance, We reap the fruits of a successful blessing... A healthy happy marriage.  

Sometimes our gardens have to endure hot summers, cold winters and bugs that want to eat your crops. We do our best to protect it ! 
Marriage is the same.. Bugs in the form of people who Buzz in your ear saying things that can turn you against your spouse, or those tough days when you're  frustrated... 
You have to protect your marriage. Allah knows we are tested but He can give us strength to endure the storms. He will for sure reward us for our dedication and we must continuously ask Him to guide us.  

Our marriage is a beautiful garden, that we must tend to on a daily basis. Watering it with compliments, planting seeds of love, forgiving it when theres a hard time, and sowing extra patience and prayer. 

Did you tend to your garden today?
Did you express gratitude for today's harvest?
Are you planting seeds for tomorrow?
How much time did you take making sure your garden is well taken care of?

Even flowers that look like they are done, can bounce back to life.

It just takes time ;)

Our garden pictures !!! *Squeals* 
My fellas working hard mashaAllah.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Passing Of A Prince

One month later...  If you would have told me, that I would be eventually blogging as a widow, I would have probably said that I couldn't imagine it!

Well here I am, writing as a widow. My husband (may Allah have mercy on him, and grant him jannah ameen ameen) passed away last month, December 20th, 2016, from complications from his condition.  My whole life changed and I am learning to heal and process this tremendous loss with our six children.

I met my husband in 2006 mashaAllah, and as I like to tell people, I started this adventure 10 yrs ago when I met a Prince from Kings County (Brooklyn NYC) married him, and became his princess alhamdulilah. When we first met, I felt like "wow this handsome guy, I cant believe he is even giving me the time of day." Lord knows I am thankful for all the time of our days, our road trips, and adventures.

I think of an old status message I shared on facebook
" I've dedicated ten years of my heart to this loveable adventurous g…

As salamu alaykum To The Struggling Wife

As salamu alaykum to The Struggling wife....





You are the heart of the home. You are his support, his cheerleader, and he needs you to be by his side. Do you know how important you are to him and to your home?

You are worth more than you know. It may not be said often, but without you... Life would be a little more difficult.

I know you're struggling right now to be a better wife and I know you want to do better. Don't put too much pressure on yourself.

Keep asking Allah to guide you in becoming a better wife. Realize that you have a lot of worth and your husband knows it, he married you, he knew you were the woman who could make his life better.

Write down what you can do to make your marriage better and focus on that daily. He put you with this man, that you love, that you decided to marry. You made a commitment, and you said "I am his committed helper." so keep going! Yes it's not always easy, sometimes you want to leave... But you are a strong, praying woman. …

Remember Who Your Husband Is

On the eve of our 9th year anniversary, I'm doing a lot of reflecting. I saw a blog post entitled "Remember Who Your Husband Is." and the title stood out to me but in a different way so I decided to write my own post. I'm reflecting on nine years of marriage and who my husband is.

So who is he?

Lets remember ..

He is a gift from Allah.

Allah blessed me with him and it is my great honor to take care of my gift.
He is not to be abused, mistreated, and taken for granted. Allah has put us together and  for that I'm thankful Alhamdulilah. I'm here to assist him in the best way possible. Allah did not burden me with him, He did not curse me, but what He did do is bless me Alhamdulilah! When you know you are blessed you show gratitude!

He is the leader of our home.

Not only did Allah send me this gift. He also put me under his leadership. In remembering who he is, we must remember and respect his position of leadership. We should always pray that Allah is constantl…