Skip to main content

My Week In Homemaking- Dirty Dishes, Crocheting, Lessons Learnt

Alhamdulilah we are nearing the end of the week, thank Allah for seeing another week and all the blessings that came along with it.

Speaking of blessings, I thought about the dirty dishes, the sweeping of floors and I used to call them chores, duties, task...all those words have such a strict, not so soft -sound to it.

I decided to call my household responsibilities ..my household blessings. It has a much better feel to it and it takes on a new meaning.

So there.. I had a lot n my list to accomplish in way of my household blessings.

Dirty dishes does not sound so much like a burden, and neither does my every day sweeping.  I have to get my blessings in order for the coming weeks inshaAllah.. sometimes we can become so overwhelmed with our blessings we began to feel like we have a heavy load on us. How do you manage those household blessings? I started a schedule maybe a week ago and it has helped, some days I'm ahead and some days I am behind, but it helps to remind me of what I need to accomplish by the end of the day.

Count your blessings, not burdens

I have been talking on facebook about my crocheting..subhanAllah what a test in my patience but I am determined to get it right. It is really enjoyable but something I am learning all over again

Lessons I learnt this week:

Like minded companions are rare, I bet everyone in the world thinks it would be great to have a friend who shares similar views that is a spiritual and a wonderful friend..some of us have them and some of us don't but we always can turn to Allah for everything

Want a friend that listens? Allah hears our every word and prayer
Want a friend to call? You can call on Allah any time
Want a friend to give advice? Allah gives the best guidance
Want a friend who will always be there? Allah is always there for us
Want to vent? Allah has the answer for our issues, concerns and fears

When you have a relationship with Allah,  your heart is at ease and longing for outside of that is no more..you are then content and happy with whatever Allah decrees

Another lesson is how to be a more attentive wife.. do you listen? Really listen? Your husband is talking about his day, and how do you respond "uh huh...*typing* yeah....sounds...what was that again?" or are you actively engaging him and truly seeking to enjoy in his pleasure and excitement to make it your own as well?

I took time to reflect on this...hubby took the children out and now I am thinking and asking myself these questions,

Challenge: Actively listen to your husband, ask questions, and seek to have genuine interest in what he is saying.

Comments

  1. Mondays are "weekly home blessing" days here. All hands on deck, everything gets washed, wiped, changed, you name it. I have hard wood floors so sweeping is a must. But I stopped calling them chores a while ago. Now I have routines. Little clusters of thing I do together at certain times. Like taking out the trash and turning the compost or putting away laundry and making beds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let's keep it positive, what's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

The Passing Of A Prince

One month later...  If you would have told me, that I would be eventually blogging as a widow, I would have probably said that I couldn't imagine it!

Well here I am, writing as a widow. My husband (may Allah have mercy on him, and grant him jannah ameen ameen) passed away last month, December 20th, 2016, from complications from his condition.  My whole life changed and I am learning to heal and process this tremendous loss with our six children.

I met my husband in 2006 mashaAllah, and as I like to tell people, I started this adventure 10 yrs ago when I met a Prince from Kings County (Brooklyn NYC) married him, and became his princess alhamdulilah. When we first met, I felt like "wow this handsome guy, I cant believe he is even giving me the time of day." Lord knows I am thankful for all the time of our days, our road trips, and adventures.

I think of an old status message I shared on facebook
" I've dedicated ten years of my heart to this loveable adventurous g…

As salamu alaykum To The Struggling Wife

As salamu alaykum to The Struggling wife....





You are the heart of the home. You are his support, his cheerleader, and he needs you to be by his side. Do you know how important you are to him and to your home?

You are worth more than you know. It may not be said often, but without you... Life would be a little more difficult.

I know you're struggling right now to be a better wife and I know you want to do better. Don't put too much pressure on yourself.

Keep asking Allah to guide you in becoming a better wife. Realize that you have a lot of worth and your husband knows it, he married you, he knew you were the woman who could make his life better.

Write down what you can do to make your marriage better and focus on that daily. He put you with this man, that you love, that you decided to marry. You made a commitment, and you said "I am his committed helper." so keep going! Yes it's not always easy, sometimes you want to leave... But you are a strong, praying woman. …

Remember Who Your Husband Is

On the eve of our 9th year anniversary, I'm doing a lot of reflecting. I saw a blog post entitled "Remember Who Your Husband Is." and the title stood out to me but in a different way so I decided to write my own post. I'm reflecting on nine years of marriage and who my husband is.

So who is he?

Lets remember ..

He is a gift from Allah.

Allah blessed me with him and it is my great honor to take care of my gift.
He is not to be abused, mistreated, and taken for granted. Allah has put us together and  for that I'm thankful Alhamdulilah. I'm here to assist him in the best way possible. Allah did not burden me with him, He did not curse me, but what He did do is bless me Alhamdulilah! When you know you are blessed you show gratitude!

He is the leader of our home.

Not only did Allah send me this gift. He also put me under his leadership. In remembering who he is, we must remember and respect his position of leadership. We should always pray that Allah is constantl…