10 years ago subhanAllah, I met the man who would change my life forever. My blog post today will be sharing some inspirational marriage quotes.. keeping in line with our 10 theme :)
1. “The best time to love with your whole heart is always now, in this moment, because no breath beyond the current is promised.”- Fawn Weaver
2. Marriage is a gift from Allah, honor The Giver and appreciate the gift. Remember "a wise woman builds her home and a foolish one tears hers down" what is the wisest thing to do? Are you building daily? Are you making deposits or are you constantly making withdrawals?
Get more support by being around women who will inspire and motivate you towards good. I have probably less than three women who ...are my marriage motivators... They love Allah and they are committed to having a marriage He is pleased with. Do you have these kind of women in your life? Elders who impart wise advice are also gems that we must treasure and learn from.
Wake up daily with good intentions, gratitude in your heart, and the readiness to be what your husband needs --- Ameera Rahim
3. "When two people become one flesh by way of marriage, it is not only their hearts that are united, but their minds and souls as well." Julie Donner Andersen
4. "Marriages are fragile. They must be nurtured and protected if they are to survive for a lifetime." Dr. James Dobson
5. Our marriage is a beautiful garden, that we must tend to on a daily basis. Watering it with compliments, planting seeds of love, forgiving it when theres a hard time, and sowing extra patience and prayer. - Ameera Rahim
6. "...most important.... let the dreadful "d" word (divorce) be the furthest thing (word) from you mind & tounge ..... & work everyday to make sure your marriage works ..... it will work if you work it & its worth it, so work it ..... as my beloved mother always says, may Allah ta ala preserve my loving momma" - Ameer Idris Rahim
7. "Making time for your spouse is one way you can give your children a good example of a healthy and loving marriage, it also helps them feel secure, confident, loved." Grace Essen, Successful Working Mom
8. "Marriage is an exciting and eventful type of transition. Going from an independent individual to being responsible for someone else's needs, wants, and wishes requires an enormous paradigm shift in thinking."
Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave. - Martin Luther
10. “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.” —Fawn Weaver