Skip to main content

Focusing on Him in Our Daily Homemaking

As salamu alaykum!

I feel so motivated and inspired to be back on the blog. Allah is so great and so merciful! We should constantly keep Him in the focus of our daily homemaking! InshaAllah here are a few ways we can do that!

1.) Read His Book
The Quran is full of motivation, inspiration and His message for how he wants us to live. Take time to read His words daily to maintain that connection and find the ease He says you will have with His remembrance.

2.) Read The Prophet's Sunnah
He salAllahu alayhi wa salam is beloved to Allah. What did he do in his life that we can implement in our daily lives, to help keep our hearts and minds on Allah. Fasting, making the night prayer... Praying for our families, communities, and remember a virtuous quality in homemaking is being in constant prayer, so the night time prayer is a peaceful time to focus on Him.

3.) Dhikr as you work-
Make more effort to include more words, praising and glorifying Him! It can't hurt to add more SubhanAllah's Alhamdulilah's  in your daily speech... Remembering all glory and praise belongs to Him! He has truly blessed you. Food to eat, clothes on your back, screaming baby holding your leg yes... All worth praising Him about!

4.) When you speak and act consider what Allah would want -
Will He be pleased with what you're saying and doing? Our words and actions should be what He will be pleased with. This will help us in our daily conversations and dealings of the house. He doesn't want us to argue, use foul language, and neglect our blessings.



5.) Remember You are serving!
Yes yes yes!!! service is an awesome thing! You are being used to help His creation! You can't tell me that its not a big deal! How are you serving ? Our life is about service! We are nurturing, teaching, leading by example, by His permission healing (hearts and boo-boos) , feeding, and it's all amazing! Alhamdulilah you 're here with a purpose! He has entrusted you with precious gifts. Take care of them and do all you can gain more blessings daily. Remember there will be a day where we all wish we could have done more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Passing Of A Prince

One month later...  If you would have told me, that I would be eventually blogging as a widow, I would have probably said that I couldn't imagine it!

Well here I am, writing as a widow. My husband (may Allah have mercy on him, and grant him jannah ameen ameen) passed away last month, December 20th, 2016, from complications from his condition.  My whole life changed and I am learning to heal and process this tremendous loss with our six children.

I met my husband in 2006 mashaAllah, and as I like to tell people, I started this adventure 10 yrs ago when I met a Prince from Kings County (Brooklyn NYC) married him, and became his princess alhamdulilah. When we first met, I felt like "wow this handsome guy, I cant believe he is even giving me the time of day." Lord knows I am thankful for all the time of our days, our road trips, and adventures.

I think of an old status message I shared on facebook
" I've dedicated ten years of my heart to this loveable adventurous g…

5 Ways To Love Your Husband MORE

I had to blow the dust off the blog tonight, as I only write when I am feeling inspired. SubhanAllah, tonight feels like a good night to share a few thoughts on the blog.
How can you, love your husband more?


1.) Speak words that will uplift his spirit. I remember when I would be feeling nervous, and anxious about some event, and my husband (may Allah have mercy on him, ameen) would say encouraging words, that made me feel like the most confident woman in the world. We have the ability to be that voice of encouragement in our mates lives. What mountains we cannot move, when our spouse speaks life into our being! Through out the day, speak to your mate in a way that will help them be better. 
2.) Put your love into action: Yes you can say "I love you" all day long, but adding to that by doing loving gestures, show and prove what we feel inside. Surprising our spouse by writing a love note, or sending a loving text, adds a little more joy to their days. In a world where there …

5 Ways To Love Yourself MORE

Yep, there I am, jumping on the trampoline in my sisters yard yesterday. As I told a friend, you can't help but smile on a trampoline. I couldn't jump and be angry, or feel sad at the same time. 
Alhamdulilah I felt like reaching for the sky, free, and alive. I haven't felt that way since my husband passed away last month (December 20th, 2016). Life has not been the same. Yesterday I decided to get some fresh air and I felt good. It was nice to step outside for a little bit.
My last post was written on loving your husband's more, which can also be applied to wives. Our time here isn't long, and in losing my husband, I am extra reminded to encourage wives to love their husbands more. That has always been part of my blog's goal, but God is telling me to remind women more, through my own experience.

But in loving your husbands more, do not forget yourself. You are important. Yes, some women need to be reminded that they are important. You have to take care of you…