Skip to main content

A Joyful Wife

Funny how in your home the simplest thing can remind you of something so meaningful and special.

My household blessings began a little earlier than usual, at about 3 a.m. and even then I was telling myself how we should sacrifice for our families, sleep included.

Loving them and taking care of them has it's rewards and whether we see them now or later, we must know they do exist alhamdulilah

I went to wash my dishes this morning and sometimes I might be super tired, or ready to sit down but this morning was pretty different. I never paid attention to the dish detergent until this morning and saw it was called Joy...  I wonder why they named it Joy.. is it because they want people to be happy to wash dishes, feel a sense of gratitude to have dishes to wash, or could it be taking Joy in taking care of your family. How about all those things!

That's what I got out of my bottle of Joy, and some clean dishes to match alhamdulilah. I decided to keep the bottle, it's nearly empty but I am keeping it as a reminder and inshaAlah I will fill it with some homemade detergent.
InshaAllah I will show more joy in washing my dishes, grateful that minutes before, we were blessed to have a meal..made by my hands that Allah provided for us...and be joyful that they ate happily and were fed another day.

There are others in the world that would trade places with us and would gladly have dishes to wash as a "consequence" of eating a meal.

Are we taking joy in our household blessings? 




"Abundance of worldly wealth is not richness of happiness, the real richness of happiness lies in contentment" (Hadith Muslim)


Comments

  1. Al hamdulillah, great post! I was just thinking to myself today (well internally complaining). I had to correct the action from within and remind myself that "the grass is always greener on the other side". There is always someone somewhere who wishes they could be in my shoes, so I should always say al hamdulillah and be happy for what I have been blessed with. May Allah swt give us the strength and patience to be the best daughters, wives, and mothers that we can be; not to be like someone else, but to always do our own individual best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaa Salaam, May allah (swt) shower you good health, long life, ever increasing faith in him, wisdom and all that you desire. truely you are a blessing to the entire ummah, a true model you are.

      Delete
  2. mashaAllah sister, we all complain doing chores, but subhanAllah this is really what we should know -

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let's keep it positive, what's on your mind?

Popular posts from this blog

The Passing Of A Prince

One month later...  If you would have told me, that I would be eventually blogging as a widow, I would have probably said that I couldn't imagine it!

Well here I am, writing as a widow. My husband (may Allah have mercy on him, and grant him jannah ameen ameen) passed away last month, December 20th, 2016, from complications from his condition.  My whole life changed and I am learning to heal and process this tremendous loss with our six children.

I met my husband in 2006 mashaAllah, and as I like to tell people, I started this adventure 10 yrs ago when I met a Prince from Kings County (Brooklyn NYC) married him, and became his princess alhamdulilah. When we first met, I felt like "wow this handsome guy, I cant believe he is even giving me the time of day." Lord knows I am thankful for all the time of our days, our road trips, and adventures.

I think of an old status message I shared on facebook
" I've dedicated ten years of my heart to this loveable adventurous g…

5 Ways To Love Your Husband MORE

I had to blow the dust off the blog tonight, as I only write when I am feeling inspired. SubhanAllah, tonight feels like a good night to share a few thoughts on the blog.
How can you, love your husband more?


1.) Speak words that will uplift his spirit. I remember when I would be feeling nervous, and anxious about some event, and my husband (may Allah have mercy on him, ameen) would say encouraging words, that made me feel like the most confident woman in the world. We have the ability to be that voice of encouragement in our mates lives. What mountains we cannot move, when our spouse speaks life into our being! Through out the day, speak to your mate in a way that will help them be better. 
2.) Put your love into action: Yes you can say "I love you" all day long, but adding to that by doing loving gestures, show and prove what we feel inside. Surprising our spouse by writing a love note, or sending a loving text, adds a little more joy to their days. In a world where there …

5 Ways To Love Yourself MORE

Yep, there I am, jumping on the trampoline in my sisters yard yesterday. As I told a friend, you can't help but smile on a trampoline. I couldn't jump and be angry, or feel sad at the same time. 
Alhamdulilah I felt like reaching for the sky, free, and alive. I haven't felt that way since my husband passed away last month (December 20th, 2016). Life has not been the same. Yesterday I decided to get some fresh air and I felt good. It was nice to step outside for a little bit.
My last post was written on loving your husband's more, which can also be applied to wives. Our time here isn't long, and in losing my husband, I am extra reminded to encourage wives to love their husbands more. That has always been part of my blog's goal, but God is telling me to remind women more, through my own experience.

But in loving your husbands more, do not forget yourself. You are important. Yes, some women need to be reminded that they are important. You have to take care of you…