- Ingredients2 cups warm water, 2 packets of yeast, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tsps salt, 4 tblspoons butter, 1 egg, 6 1/2 cup flour. an cinnamon sugar mixture.
Topping:1 1/2 cups brown sugar3/4 cup butter3 tablespoons water
1. Mix water and yeast and wait 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in sugar, salt and 2 cups of flour.
- 3Add egg and butter and mix.
- 4Stir in rest of flour by hand, if dough is still sticky add just enough to make it not sticky anymore. Thi recipe did not add to knead the dough but I kneaded it anyway
- 5Let raise until dough is double in size.
- 6Sprinkle flour on surface and roll dough out until is approx 18 X 12 inches.
- 7Spread a very thin layer of soft butter on dough and sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on it.
- 8Roll dough from the long side, it should look like a log.
- 9Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 10Should be 18 pieces I had enough for about 21!
Homemade Caramel Sauce which as delicious mashaAllah:
- 11Place brown sugar and butter into microwave dish and heat until butter is just melted; stir well.
- 12Stir in 3 T water.
- 13Divide mixture into 3 pans (8-inch cake pans).
- 14Place 6 pieces in each pan.
- 15Let raise for about 45 minutes.
- 16Bake for 20 minutes in a 325°F oven.
- 17When you take out of oven, turn each pan of rolls over on a plate, otherwise you will have a hard time getting them out when they cool.
- 18If you can, let them cool slightly and enjoy them when they are still warm.